More than just a radiation detector, the NukAlert™ is a patented personal radiation meter, monitor and alarm. Small enough to attach to a key chain, the device operates non-stop, 24/7 and will promptly warn you of the presence of unseen, but acutely dangerous levels of radiation.
Used nationwide by federal, state, and local first-responders, law enforcement, and the Department of Defense, the device is the ideal solution for increasing individual security and awareness of radiological threats. It will be very reassuring to know, with confidence, when you and your family are out of the worst danger.
~ 10 Year Warranty ~
- Detects Gamma & X-ray radiation: 20 keV to 2+ MeV
- Detection Range: 100 mR/hr to 5,000 R/hr
- Sensitivity: 100 mR/hr to 50 R/hr indicated in 10 ranges
- Proportional Increasing Chirp Rate: 50 R/hr to 5,000 R/hr
- Indication: Repeating groups of rapid countable chirps
- Operational indicator: faint “ticking” = operating OK.
- Alarm loudness: ~ 61 dBA (speaking volume)
- Durability: Functional after 6′ drop or submersion to 6′
- Battery: Operational Life Expectancy @ room temp:
– Non-alarming (normal operation) – 10 to 15 years
– Alarming continuously at single chirp level – 3 years
– Alarming continuously at highest alarm level – 3 months
– See NEW Battery Replacement Program
- Detector: Patented CdS photo resistor coupled to a rare earth phosphor scintillator
- Housing: hermetically sealed, radiation transparent, abrasion resistant ABS plastic
- Accuracy: Within +/- 1 chirp
- Response Time: Dose rate dependent:
- ~3 – 4 min. @100mr/hr
- seconds @ R/hr ranges
- Accumulated dose chart on back
- EMP immunity: Meets MIL-STD-461D, RS105
- Over range survivability: Functional after 5K R/hr. for 2hr.
- Temperature Range: -20 C to +50 C
- Physical: 1.75″x1.25″x .75″H (LxWxH), Wt <1.0 oz.
There are no reviews yet.