This last weekend we attended the National Self-Reliance Organization's Semi-annual Expo in Denver, Colorado. It was held at the National Western Complex and accommodated thousands of interested attendees, from near and far. We spoke with dozens of individuals and families who traveled from all over the United States and Canada in order to attend. One of the fascinating aspects of their travels was that they came from varied backgrounds and means. Their interests were also particular, ranging from the following reasons:
- Greater urban & rural Self-Reliance
- Strengthening their Food Storage & Water Filtration/Purification Preps
- Attending the Expert Workshops including Dave Canterbury of the Discovery Channel's hit show Dual Survival, The Survival Podcast‘s Jack Spirko, Doom & Bloom's Dr. Bones & Nurse Amy, and many, many more!
- Meeting with National Geographic and The Discovery Channel for possible T.V. appearances
- To enjoy the company of many, many like-minded folk from all over the USA.
We thoroughly enjoyed meeting with so many of you and appreciate your support at the Expo and Online. We were happy to give away more than $2,000 worth of Berkey Water Purification Products as well as other preparedness items we carry. We showcased our newest addition, The Country Living Grain Mill and hundreds of adults and children were able to try their hand at milling hard-red wheat the easy way with that mill.
The most significant value of attending the Expo was our ability to connect and begin relationships with the attendees and the exhibitors, and to strengthen existing relationships with like-minded folk. Some of the exhibitors we really enjoyed were:
- Amanda's Damn Good Salsa
- American Prepper's Network
- Doom & Bloom's Dr. Bones & Nurse Amy
- Prepper Podcast Network with John M.
- The School of Natural Healing
We will be attending the next Expo in Salt Lake City on October 7-8, 2011 at the South Towne Expo…Hope to see you there!!!
-The Berkey Guy
No comments yet.